Sam and Sparky's Journey

Sam and Sparky's Journey

Friday 8 January 2010

Greasing the bearings...

This blog will become the diary of my Mini adventures... 




 I first bought my Mini in November 2009. A 1990 Lambourghuini Orange 998cc Mayfair, with a Stage one kit. With black dirty looking wheels and some rust bubbling through quite nicely on the scuttle, it had it's 'points for improvement'. 




We started with the wheels. My boyfriend at the time had a 1994 Cooper, he had replaced the standard Minilites with 13x7 Deepdish Ultralites, and donated the unused Minilites to me.
Next on my agenda was to fit a stereo, I like driving to my music =)



Luckily, the dash in the car already had a space for a stereo (you can't quite see it in this pic), as well as holes for gauges (that, you can see). As you can see from this pic, it's pretty grey inside, so i wanted to fill the gaps and replace the steering wheel. I bought some really nice gauges by SunPro and fitted them in the holes - still to this day I haven't wired them up as it's too complex for me and too expensive to pay for someone else to do it, so they are purely decorative.....for now.
...Here is my fave shot of my new and improved dashboard (complete with stereo). 




 I also bought a new steering wheel (which I LOVE!) and some black steering column cowling to replace the grey...


No comments:

Post a Comment