Sam and Sparky's Journey

Sam and Sparky's Journey

Thursday 11 February 2010

On The Road

During the ownership of my little mini, I have had many adventures.

We joined the Essex Mini Club and also helped create Chelmsford Mini Club too!

 I am always changing bits and pieces on Sparky, from small shiny bits to the essential big important mechanical bits. In December 2009 I was driving home to Witham on the A12 when Sparky's engine temperature got very high, I started losing power so I pulled off at the next junction and managed to get to the top of the slope before it completely cut out.

We rolled it into the near-by Park and Ride entrance and sat there for an hour while we waited for break down recovery. When they arrived, they simply re-filled the rad, emptying an entire new bottle of anti-freeze into it in the process, and sent me on my way - I get home fine - problem solved ....?


 The next day I'm back on the A12, heading to work when, low and behold - Sparky is over heating - yet again! I pull over once more and await my recovery, this time I tell them to take my car to my mechanic as something is obviously wrong.

Sparky is loaded onto recovery and we make our way to Terling (absolute middle of no-where hamlet!)

It turns out the water pump was leaking out water like a sieve and so this was the first expensive item to be replaced...

No comments:

Post a Comment