Sam and Sparky's Journey

Sam and Sparky's Journey

Sunday 17 June 2012

We're moving forward

A little while ago a friend of mine was selling her 1275spi engine with gearbox for £400, so I thought this is the perfect time to buy an engine if I ever were to go for the engine replacement.  Not long after this I received a nice big tax rebate for £650 - so, as soon as I got home for the summer from uni I took a trip to MiniSpares and bought all the replacement panels I need to fix the rust issue at the front of my car.  I also took the opportunity to get a new petrol gauge sender unit and a heater matrix since neither the heater nor the petrol gauge have worked since I got the car.

So, Sparky is currently sat on a friends drive in South Ockendon, waiting for it to have the front end ripped off and the engine taken out so the real work can begin :)  So far, the trim has been removed and part of the a panel has been taken out.

Big new hole in the scuttle!

All the trim removed

Bye bye a panel!


No comments:

Post a Comment